Day to Day Adventure: #3

Monday, January 18, 2010

#3

This week I get to tell about my sweet Megan. I think one of the things I like best about her is her laughter. We giggle about a lot of things around this house but Megan loves to laugh & her laugh is infectious. Just this evening we were listening to Steve read to the kids & we both knew the story so as the funny parts came along she would start to snicker & then would just give up and giggle. I couldn't help it . . . . . I was giggling too.


At 11 Megan has started to get long legged and is beginning to loose that little girl look. She is fast growing up and becoming a young lady. She has been growing her hair out for a year and now doesn't have any bangs. She keeps it tucked behind her ear & likes to swing her hair around because it tickles her neck!



She is her brothers best friend and they play together all sorts of made up games. I have seen them lately building forts out of mattresses. Dressing up and chasing each other all over with swords in an elaborate game they invented. On the other had Megan loves to play on her own. She is content to do a puzzle for hours or get out her doll house & get it set up just right.

I often say Elizabeth is the creative one but Megan has some talent in that area too. She makes woven pouches that are incredible. Latch hook and cross stitch are fun too! Just the other night she surprised me with a drawing that was very accurate & I could really tell what she had sketched! Her creativeness needs structure--like in latch hook. She likes to know where the lines are and how to stay inside of them. As a little girl I remember her being this way and now it is surfacing again as she grows.


There is a tenacity in this girl--something that is very determine & won't let go. When she decides to do something then it gets done. A couple of years ago we started her in soccer. I was a little unsure because some of the girls were a lot bigger than her. But you know what she was FAST & she went after that ball like nobody's business! She is like that in learning something new too. She keeps after it and doesn't give up. I love this picture because it really shows her attitude. This was in a very cold game where it rained but she didn't stop for one minute!

Some things Megan loves--pink, chocolate, puzzles, hugs, dancing with her Dad, helping others, & babies. Things that she doesn't like--being unsure of what to do, having someone unhappy with her for ANYthing, or disappointing herself.

I think maybe it is because she is #3 but Megan is the flexible child. She likes her vegetables, she rarely fusses about clothes or chores. I will often see her pick up the slack when another person is unable or unwilling to pitch in. She doesn't ruffle when plans change. But she has a long memory--if I promise something you can be sure she will remember & remind me. I miss my little girl but I see that God has great plans for my young lady that is emerging from my precious sweet child.

1 comment:

  1. Is she still in soccer? Let us know when she has a game (when it is in season) and we will try to come see her play.

    I can testify that her laughter is contagious! I always smile when I think of her! I also remember how she would always run up to us and crawl up on our laps to give us hugs. She is such a sweet girl!

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear your thoughts, so please share!

Also, I delete comments that only ask for a follow back. The best way to get me to YOUR blog is to leave comment showing that you've read SOMETHING on my blog. Thanks!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...