Day to Day Adventure: Making your own fun

Sunday, June 12, 2011

Making your own fun

imageThe price of gas is going down here.  It is tempting to change our stay at home ways & start to go & do more.  And we do go & do when we NEED to do so.  But to help with the gas budget(which is still ugly) we are making our own fun around home more. 

Isn’t that what summer is for anyway?  To pursue things you want to do with the free time you have?

Megan has dug out puzzles.  She is a puzzle fiend.  She did her first 2000 piece a couple of weeks ago!

P1120173

Joshua loves water & water balloons.  He also finds random animals in the yard.   This is a mouse visiting 2 toads in a window well.  Not to mention the cicadas.  He loves them and will be sad to see them gone in the next couple of weeks.  Crazy kid.

P1120192

Michael is working his way through some audiobooks.  He’s taking speech this summer so he cherishes downtime.

Elizabeth is my worker.  She is out mowing or cleaning inside.  I love this way of keeping busy!  She also has picked Lord of the Rings back up to read.  That is one book that will take her a while.

After a sort of long break, Steve is working on the molding in our bathroom.   We finished the rest of the bathroom remodel a while ago but we had some tough decisions to make on the molding.  Could we reuse the old stuff or did we need to buy new? Where did we put the old stuff?  Where did we put the stain?  But now progress is being made & we will FINISH this project!

I am working in the garden every chance I get.  This morning I found our first baby tomato!!! 

P1120217

There are going to be lots this year judging from the blooms.  I am craving a REAL tomato.  Not one from the store but one I pick & 2 minutes later slice & eat.  MMMMmmm

There are lots of other things blooming out there too.  Here are a couple of my perennials!  Enjoy!

P1120218

P1120220

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear your thoughts, so please share!

Also, I delete comments that only ask for a follow back. The best way to get me to YOUR blog is to leave comment showing that you've read SOMETHING on my blog. Thanks!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...