Day to Day Adventure: Do we see gifts from Heaven?

Monday, March 19, 2012

Do we see gifts from Heaven?

To this John replied, “A man can receive only what is given him from heaven. John 3:27

I have many gifts.  I don’t deserve many of them.

Husband, children, home, love, work, play, friends, small things, big things, everywhere I look I am blessed through the gifts in my life.

I know that God has placed each of these gifts in my life and it is to him I give thanks & find joy.

I don’t deserve that joy but it is there.

There are so many people who don’t see the gifts.  They are blinded to what they have right in front of them.  I am sad to know that they could have this same joy. 

Not happiness because happiness is momentary.

But joy?  Deep down joy that won’t leave?

It comes from knowing you are loved so much that no matter how undeserving I am God still loves me (you, everyone) so much that he gives us gifts from heaven.  Starting with life and ending with eternal salvation by believing in his son, Jesus.

I don’t want gifts from this earth.

I want them from heaven. 

I want to receive them every day. 

100_10011_edited-1

Even when storms roll through my life, even as my hands are clenched, even as I cry “Why?  God what is the purpose of this trial?”  I still see the gifts. 

But I have to open my hand to receive them and maybe just maybe by doing so I will help others to see what joy there is even as the storm rolls on by.

image

1 comment:

  1. I found you through Heavenly Homemakers. I read your post and I like what seeped through my overtired and distracted brain. Sometimes I think we take our gifts from heaven for granted. I pinned this post so I can come back and read it again. :)

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear your thoughts, so please share!

Also, I delete comments that only ask for a follow back. The best way to get me to YOUR blog is to leave comment showing that you've read SOMETHING on my blog. Thanks!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...