Day to Day Adventure: 12 Hours of Time

Tuesday, June 2, 2009

12 Hours of Time

Cell phones. Hard chairs. Laughter. Time warp. Beepers. Doctors. Lunch with sisters & mom. Worry. Waiting. Relief. Hugs. Home.

It isn't often you get to spend 12 hours in a hospital. I did today waiting with my Mom since Dad had surgery. She kept saying thank you for staying with her. It shocked her that I would do that. That makes me sad.

I hope that my family really knows that I love them and want to be there for them. In any situation any time for any reason. I can't always fix anything or even do anything, but I can be there. For support, to tell them it will be okay, for comic relief, to buy lunch or whatever. That is what families do. Ours feels like it is getting a second start after taking a couple of decades detour.

I am glad I know my mom, sister, dad, brother & sister-in-law better now than I did a year ago. I hope in another year I can say that things are even better.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear your thoughts, so please share!

Also, I delete comments that only ask for a follow back. The best way to get me to YOUR blog is to leave comment showing that you've read SOMETHING on my blog. Thanks!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...