Day to Day Adventure: Sewing again!

Sunday, January 24, 2010

Sewing again!


It has been a really long time since I sewed anything but a friend asked me to make a flower girl dress for her daughter! The wedding is in February and we get really busy in February so my goal was to finish it by the end of January. She gave the fabric & such to me just a week ago & it is DONE!

It was a really easy pattern so that made it go fast. I need to make a sash tomorrow & it will be ready to go. Feels great to accomplish something and have it turn out well.

There weren't any huge mishaps except sewing the bodice on backwards the first time--had to undo that and then redo it! I am hoping that the little girl who wears it has a ball twirling because it is really full. That is what fancy dresses are for after all.

Now maybe I can get my quilting back out but I need to make Michael a pair of pj's first!

1 comment:

  1. How lovely! I'm not much of a seamstress, so I really admire those who can sew! I love the skirt, and I'm sure that little girl will too!

    Thanks for linking up over at Ten Things Farm, dearie!

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear your thoughts, so please share!

Also, I delete comments that only ask for a follow back. The best way to get me to YOUR blog is to leave comment showing that you've read SOMETHING on my blog. Thanks!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...