Day to Day Adventure: Loft Bed & Shelves

Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Loft Bed & Shelves

P1110655

Steve & Elizabeth started a new project last week.  I admit it is one that I encouraged them to do.  I have a girl who is a book lover.  It is challenging to keep them organize & neat.  She is also in 9th grade this year.

 

 

P1110663

That means more school books & notebooks than ever.  However, she has a small desk & it usually looks like a tornado hit it.  She’s okay with the mess but she admits that she “spills” over on to the floor around her desk a lot.

The plan is to build a loft bed for Elizabeth that will allow her to have more bookshelf space & move her desk under her bed. P1110668

She is terribly excited and enjoyed getting to help her Dad build the first part of the bed.  

P1110666 

I love it when a need can be satisfied by Dad & the kids working together.  They did a great job with a little help from Joshua. 

P1110656

We got our plans & this photo from Anna White’s site.  Elizabeth’s bed will have the big shelves on both ends(more space!)

 image

If you’ve never  been there you out to check it out.  I have a wish list a mile long.  Hopefully soon there will be pictures of the bed part.  Big decision right now is do we paint or stain the wood? 

P1110670

What would you do?

image3image8

2 comments:

  1. Wow that's great! I just found your blog! I love all of your ideas!

    ReplyDelete
  2. paint is so much easier!!! But I do like the look of wood....decisions, decisions.

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear your thoughts, so please share!

Also, I delete comments that only ask for a follow back. The best way to get me to YOUR blog is to leave comment showing that you've read SOMETHING on my blog. Thanks!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...