Day to Day Adventure: Tomato bliss!

Monday, August 15, 2011

Tomato bliss!

There are some recipes that I can only eat & REALLY enjoy to the maximum in the summer time. 

I guess that I am a bit of a tomato snob.

P1120685

The tomatoes from the grocery store are just not the same as the ones from my garden.  Their taste isn’t as delicious.  I have a crowded garden this year with 30 some tomato plants & they are ripening for our enjoyment!

P1120603

There isn’t the same desire on my part to run in from the garden and just slice up a tomato(or two) & sit down to just eat & eat & eat.

I am trying to avoid most sugar and processed carbs.  Now that doesn’t mean I don’t cave to an occasional Pepsi or slice of bread but this seems to be helping me whittle away at those pounds I gained after hip surgery in January. 

So when the kids have pizza or something else I am avoiding I will pull out some tuna.  They don’t enjoy tuna salad so this works out perfectly.  It is a very fast & filling lunch.

P1120714

Tuna & Tomato Salad

1 small can or pouch of tuna

1-2 Tbsp Miracle Whip

1 tsp pickle relish

1-2 tomatoes

Lettuce(romaine, green leaf & spinach)

Prepare lettuce by washing & tearing.  Mix the tuna, Miracle whip & pickle relish.  Arrange lettuce & sliced tomatoes on plate & top with tuna mixture.  EAT!

image4image9image41223

image14image23

image18

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear your thoughts, so please share!

Also, I delete comments that only ask for a follow back. The best way to get me to YOUR blog is to leave comment showing that you've read SOMETHING on my blog. Thanks!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...