Day to Day Adventure: Bloggy Progressive Dinner: Kim’s Pink Salad

Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Bloggy Progressive Dinner: Kim’s Pink Salad


I love recipes that are handed down.  There are a few that I make that are a direct “descendant” from my mom’s kitchen.

Today’s recipe is one of those!  This used to be Judy’s(my mom) Pink Salad.  Not when I take it to places it is Kim’s Pink Salad—but in my head I think no it is my mom’s.  Very strange.  Ranks up there with approaching 40 and feeling 25 still(except for the gray hairs and bum hip).
 
This salad is super easy & takes NO talent to make.  However, it is the one I get the most compliments on.  It is a very pretty salad when done & it would look beautiful in a clear dish for presentation.

Enjoy!

Kim’s Pink Salad

24 oz Cool Whip
1-12 oz can sweetened condensed milk
1-16 oz can cherry pie filling
1-4-6 oz can mandarin oranges, drained
1-16 oz can chunk pineapple, drained

Drain the oranges & pineapple.  Mix all ingredients in a large bowl until the cherry pie filling causes the Cool Whip to be uniformly pink.  Pour in to a 9x13 dish(or other large serving bowl) & refrigerate 4-6 hours or overnight.

This post is linked up at 

Bloggy Progressive Dinner 
Tasty Tuesday @ Beauty and Bedlam 
Tasty Tuesday @ Beautiful Mess

1 comment:

  1. Oooh, it's a dessert-y salad! Yum! :) My "Winter Fruit Salad" is a lot like that too... fun for the season. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear your thoughts, so please share!

Also, I delete comments that only ask for a follow back. The best way to get me to YOUR blog is to leave comment showing that you've read SOMETHING on my blog. Thanks!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...