Day to Day Adventure: Gratituesday: Power of Praying

Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Gratituesday: Power of Praying

One week ago

In an email to a friend I wrote about the trouble I have had with my hip:  “Pain is hard.  It sucker punches you when you don't expect it.  I am still learning how to deal with weakness and not being able to do EVERYTHING.  That verse you shared in Proverbs(see below) is actually one of my very favorites.
 
I often feel like I have gotten off the path of what God wants and that is so reassuring that he is directing my path.  You are right about the burden--he is so much better at carrying it than I am.  I just need to remember that.  My prayer is that I remember that he formed my hip this way.  He knew that I would walk(limp) this road and he's not shocked, scared or unprepared. 

He has a plan & I just need to acknowledge him in ALL my ways.  Not just the easy ways, ALL of them.”

A week ago I sent out a plea for prayers as I was to go get a cortisone shot in my hip joint on Friday.  To say the least I was a bit low and scared and hurting.  I don’t want an bum hip.  It is NOT fun.  I don’t WANT to have surgery to replace my hip joint.  So I was asking for prayers for a successful shot.

And oh the loving emails and phone calls that I received.  It just made me go week with tears as I felt the love pour out. 

Update

The power of love and prayers has proven itself by the peace I feel even as I still have pain in my hip.  This shot may or may not work but  I am so grateful to the prayers of loved ones on my behalf, so grateful that God has given me a few days without as much anxiety about what will happen.  I don’t know what tomorrow holds but HE does and all I need to do is not lean on myself but on Him.

Trust in the LORD with all your heart
   and lean not on your own understanding;
in all your ways submit to him,
   and he will make your paths straight.

Proverbs 3:5-6

Linking up to Gratituesday @ Heavenly Homemakers

1 comment:

  1. It's never easy when the pain remains, but knowing that the Lord is there, helping each step of the way is comforting.

    May you find the peace and comfort that you need in the Lord.

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear your thoughts, so please share!

Also, I delete comments that only ask for a follow back. The best way to get me to YOUR blog is to leave comment showing that you've read SOMETHING on my blog. Thanks!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...