Day to Day Adventure: Simple Scrapbooking

Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Simple Scrapbooking

I have been accused by friends of being a minimalist.

I like it basic.

I seldom sticker.

I never ribbon.

If I can design a page & get it put together in less than 10 minutes then I am a very happy woman.

One of my favorite layouts uses up scraps of paper like this.  It is simple, easy & uses up something I feel bad throwing away!

Layout 1

That is probably why I haven’t switched to digital scrapbooking.  I like to make fast easy layouts.  Learning to digital scrapbook seems like an overwhelming task.  So for now I am sticking to what I know & using what I have.  Simple & frugal.

Every October & Mar/April I go to a Scrapbook Getaway.  It is a blast & I usually get a lot done. 

This time when I returned I didn’t repack my supplies.  Instead I took them downstairs & set up a couple of folding tables.  Now I have no excuse because it is all set up. 

P1110483 

Now I just need to sneak away for a few minutes. 

P1110484A small thing but hard to do.

I was able to find 30 minutes last week.  I made 2 titles with my Cricut for pages that I already had put pictures on. 

It doesn’t seem like much but it is more than I had done in the past 5 months.  I am shooting to do more than that this week since we will be home more.  I love days at home.  I would love to complete this album and put it on the shelf!  Here is some of what I’ve been working on—just because!

IMG_2760 P1040209P1040267_edited-1100_5544100_5589

image

image   

image





4 comments:

  1. Several years ago (before becoming more interested in simple living) I started up scrapbooking and had the idea that I needed to BUY everything. So now I have loads of stuff, and litle motivation. I've decided to not allow myself to purchase any more supplies and only use what I already have. I must say that it makes the hobby more affordable. Great post!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous3/31/2011

    I was the same as you for a long time... I thought I would never switch to digital scrapping. I was a simple scrapper too, with pages that sometimes barely have paper! BUT, I did switch to digital (although I still have TONS of my other stuff) and I find I can do pages MUCH faster, especially with a 2 year old. : ) I am gonna do a post about it today!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well done for getting some done! Looks great - and the photos are just beautiful!

    Thanks for linking to a Round Tuit!
    Hope you have a great week!
    Jill @ Creating my way to Success
    http://www.jembellish.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful! I'm not a stickers and ribbon kind of scrapbooker either. Which is EXACTLY why I bought "Project Life" instead of sticking with traditional scrapbooking. It takes up too much of my already scarce time. :) Thanks for linking up to "No Mom Talk Monday" today! So excited to have you!!

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear your thoughts, so please share!

Also, I delete comments that only ask for a follow back. The best way to get me to YOUR blog is to leave comment showing that you've read SOMETHING on my blog. Thanks!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...