Day to Day Adventure: Families that PLAY together STAY together!

Friday, May 27, 2011

Families that PLAY together STAY together!

We are sliding in to our summer here.  There is still school left to finish up from this year but I have loosened up about the schedule.  We’ve been sleeping in a bit.  The kids just might get to play before Mom is ready to kick off the day.

P1120033This week we took off to go to St. Louis.  Steve had a class Tuesday night, so we threw together some traveling food for the hotel & we spent Wednesday playing at the City Museum.  It is a TON of fun but if you ever go be ready for a real work out! 

Steve & the kids have been complaining about sore muscles & knees since we got back.  Think of it as one big jungle gym that you climb, slide down & explore!

There are so many things I am thankful about this trip. A year ago if you’d told me I would be crawling through tubes & in to small spaces I would have laughed at you. P1120035

Yes that is a high as it looks. 

P1120040  P1120042

Since my hip surgery in January I have been slowly getting back to normal.  P1120066

Each of the kids & Steve said to me multiple times that they were glad I could be with them at the Museum.  It was challenging—I won’t say it was a breeze.  Stairs are still not a lot of fun & I am so slow. 

I did manage to climb the 11 stories to go down the really LONG slide!  It is possible to do crazy things with your family when they are cheering you on!

P1120068

It was hysterical when the kids would go in to a new place they would holler back “Mom, you can do this one” or “Mom, don’t come in it is UGLY!”  They were really looking out for me. 

P1120084 P1120086

It is challenging to get away right now, since it is Steve’s busy time of the year at work.  We don’t always get to spend a whole day hanging out together unless we plan to run away!  I am planning and plotting for the next one!

image82

1 comment:

  1. That looks like a lot of fun! I love seeing families enjoying each other's company. Hoping your recovery is going smoothly.

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear your thoughts, so please share!

Also, I delete comments that only ask for a follow back. The best way to get me to YOUR blog is to leave comment showing that you've read SOMETHING on my blog. Thanks!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...