I am waiting up right now for my oldest. Michael started a new job today and some how got out the door without his wallet or keys to the house.
I don’t even care that I should have been in bed an hour ago. I am so thankful he’s home for the next 3 months.
Life is going to be different.
1. More stuff—There is a desk in my garage that needs to find a home in this house! So far there is a place but no time to move it. A job for tomorrow.
2. More miles—Maybe it is time to trade our old suburban in for another smaller car? Here the story of my big love affair! I need to remember this each time I fill up these days!
3. More music—I love to listen to my kids play the piano. I have missed Michael’s songs. He plays different ones than the girls. It just stops me in my tracks when he plays, In Christ Alone, which is one of my favorite songs of all time.
4. More late nights—We seem to talk more & stay up late when he’s home. I don’t really care. What is sleep anyway?
5. More flexibility—who showers when? who does what chores? It all will take a bit more flexibility!
6. More food—My little guys don’t eat as much. I don’t worry about having “extra” sides at the meal but after just a couple of days I can see I need to be putting bread, fruit etc on the table a little more!
7. More photos--I realized that I don’t have a bunch because he’s only around on the weekends! Gonna have to fix that!
8. More laundry—hmmm what day will we fit him in to our laundry rotation?
9. More FUN! The more the merrier! We have plans for camping, games, bike rides & who knows what else this summer.
10. More awareness—As with anything you take for granted, when it is gone then you treasure it more. I am going to treasure every moment, every hug, every smile & every “I love you” in the next 3 months so that I can store them up for when I need them.