Day to Day Adventure: Unexpected phone call

Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Unexpected phone call

Years ago(like 10) I had little people in my house.  The worst time of the day was 5 o’clock hour.  The kids were hungry & tired.  I was exhausted & ready to turn over the reins to Steve when he walked in the door.  But I had supper to prepare & have ready.

I liked to listen to Spirit FM, a Christian radio station, while I worked in the kitchen.  Michelle Odell was the deejay at that time.  I enjoyed her laughter and joyous outlook on life. 

Really I’m going some where with this—be patient.

My normal schedule on Tuesdays is to be in town running errands.  Yesterday I was home instead.  The kids have been staying with my mother-in-law so I can care for mom.  I won’t lie it has been a rough couple of days.  Survival kinds of days.

So when the phone rang yesterday I really wasn’t expecting the blessing that God had planned for me.  The sweet familiar voice I heard on the other end of the line was very familiar. 

The radio station was calling listeners, who support Spirit FM(which is AWESOME by the way), to chat & see if we had any prayer requests.  Did I mention that I am not normally home on Tuesday afternoon?

So I shared Michelle what our family has been going through because I knew she could relate.  Did I mention that when I was listening to her so many years ago she had learned that she had breast cancer?  Did I mention that I felt burdened to pray for her as she walked that journey?  You just never know how or when you might get to help someone or have that blessing come back around.

Michelle asked me a few things and then she sweetly prayed for my mom.  She reminded me that God is in control.  The only big “C” is the one who God sent to save us.  Christ is our great physician and he can do mighty things. 

Sometimes I think that we must go through the tough times, the really dark and desperate times, in order to know when God sends us encouragement.  In normal life we don’t always pay attention.

This is one of my favorite songs right now. . . . . I hope that you enjoy it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear your thoughts, so please share!

Also, I delete comments that only ask for a follow back. The best way to get me to YOUR blog is to leave comment showing that you've read SOMETHING on my blog. Thanks!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...